Buzzfeed recently interviewed Aaron Garbut about the look and feel of the amazing open world in Grand Theft Auto V.
Aaron Garbut is the art director at Rockstar North and behind the look and feel of every modern Grand Theft Auto.
Below we’ve summerized some interesting points, read the entire inview right here.
Also, new screenshots, check ’em below.
- They shot over 250,000 images and hours of video and driven all over Los Angeles and out into the surrounding desert, towns, and forests.
- Amazing lightning: Every single light Rockstar placed in the world is stored, streamed, and laid into the map, even into the distance.
- Rockstar just kept layering detail, variety, and depth over the world.
- The environments in V are incredibly diverse and so the people Rockstar needed to populate it had to be too. Like pretty much everything else about the game, the scope of what Rockstar did with the characters is huge.
- Every part of the world is handcrafted and really thought through. It all makes sense and has an internal logic. It feels more immersive and real because every part of it has had to stand up to multiple people questioning it.
- Rockstar has a load of tech just geared toward the countryside, from heat haze to cloud shadows, to the water to the advanced fog.
- Rockstar has got a huge, huge number of cars, and they’re balanced through the map as they would be in the real worl
- It’s all handcrafted, all unique, and Rockstsar has gone over it all again and again and again to make sure there’s enough layering of detail that I don’t think many people will ever see everything Rockstar put into the world.
- Rockstar used to call Liberty City a living, breathing world, but this is way beyond anything Rockstar Games has done before.
PREVIOUS POST ← Grand Theft Auto V Official Website Online Now!
NEXT POST Grand Theft Auto Online and Video →